Goals for Semester 1

Name:  Sofia 

Goals for semester 1

What I want to learn

I would like to learn more about the great depression because I find it very interesting and want to know more about what happened. I also want to learn more about the first fleet. We did the topic when I was in Year 3 but I have forgotten most of the information. I found it really interesting and want to watch more videos and find out more info. On a different note I would also like to get better at my times tables. Mostly my 6’s, 7’s and 12’s. The rest I just need to get quicker at. The last thing but is also one of my most important thing is to read different genres. I feel that I am very hooked on Fantasy and Adventure. I am looking at 3 different historical fiction books that I am very interested in. I would also like to improve putting in more figurative language.

List examples of things I could do that would show I am trying to meet my goal:

I think I could watch videos to find out more about both, the Great Depression and The first fleet or the History of Australia. I can also take notes and do Power appoints or an Info Report. For my times tables I reckon I could write them on a piece of paper and say them out loud till I know most of them. I can also go onto YouTube and watch some of the videos on Times Tables that Candice showed us last year. I can look for some books that are a different genre and sound interesting. Ask Heidi for book recommendations. I think a way to focus on putting more figurative language is to focus on slowing down a few moments and add more detail.

How I learn and behave:

I would like to stay more focused. I find that sometime I get distracted and I don’t get the whole lesson out of it. With my times tables I would like to keep a focused and steady mind. I would also like to raise my hand more often and don’t be scared to get the answers wrong. I would also try let other people have a go at answering questions and figuring the answers out in groups.

I could clear everything off my desk that I might be able to fidget with. I could make sure I can work with the people around me. I could be more sensible and if the people around me aren’t going to help me concentrate then either ask them politely to be quiet or just move.

With my Times Tables if I get really board then I could have a little break and get back to work. I could also go onto HOT maths and see if there are any activities that could help me.

If I am not sure of the question but might have the answer try anyway. I could also double check before writing the answer down and answering them.

I could step back and give other people a try. If they are still stumped then I could give them a prompt.

One Response

1. antsclass says:

Great work Sofia- such thoughtful reflection is a perfect start to making improvements. I think it’s an excellent idea to try out some historical fiction. I have a few suggestions for you if you have a moment to come ask me about it.
    And as far as your times tables go, I’m hoping to take some lunchtime times tables clubs next term to help develop strategies, but I’m happy for you to come to before then and I can give you some strategies.
    Well done,
    Ant