100 Word Challenge … Cushion Scarlet Annoying Watered Violin …

I walked across the ground. My heels annoyed me as they clacked against the stone floor. My leather suit rubbed against my skin. This must be a special cushion if I had to trade my violin for it. Suddenly, a silhouette approached.

“Scarlett, you came.”

“Where’s this cushion?” I said through gritted teeth. My mouth watered as waited.

“Here,” he said pulling out an object from his back.

It was a scarlet colour. I held both my hands out, one containing the violin the other to collect the scarlet cushion. As soon as the Violin touched his hands the ground shaked and I realized I had made a terrible mistake.

2 Responses

1. antsclass says:

Sofia,
    this is superb!
    the way you use 5-senses description to show not tell mood and emotion works so well. Your word choice is mature and makes the writing exceptionally engaging.
    But most particularly I must commend you on your structure. In just 100 words you have introduced us to the ideas and mood of the piece, built suspense, and brought your piece to an exciting climax- this is brilliant writing.
    Keep these techniques in mind as you draft your narrative in class,
    Great work,
    Ant

2. phoebe2014 says:

Hi Sofia
    I think you did an amazing job with the prompt this week. I liked how you made it flow really nicely, because these prompts can be quite tricky to incorporate in a well structured story. This 100wc really does seem like a short story.
    Amazing job
    Phoebe